- One should offer proper respect to all the Deities, cows,
brahmanas, trees, creepers, rocks and kundas one sees.
- One should not offend any living entity, moving or non-moving
otherwise one will lose the benefits of his parikrama.
- While performing parikrama one should not wear shoes or leather
items and one's cloth should be freshly washed.
- 0ne must observe brahmacarya and take bath as well as clean teeth
before starting parikrama.
- One should not perform parikrama at night.
- While performing parikrama one should move carefully so as not to
kill any living entities on the path.
- If one becomes sick during parikrama one should stop and take
rest, parikrama should be continued after health is regained.
- One should not leave his parikrama uncompleted.
- Women should not perform parikrama during their menstrual period.
- One should not strain himself while performing parikrama.